Here are safety reminders when traveling while a virus has been known to be transmitting.
Preparation before travel
- Get enough rest to avoid getting sick
- Eat and drink from safe, clean, and reliable sources
- Avoid contact with poultry, wild, or exotic animals
- Avoid consuming raw food
While on Travel
- Wear face masks at all times
- Wear your face mask properly. When you wear the mask be sure to cover your mouth and nose. Avoid touching the mask once it’s on.
- Only use the single-use mask once and immediately properly discard it after each use.
- Wash hands after removing masks.
Hand Hygiene Reminders
- Observe good hand hygiene, practice frequent hand washing with soap and water, sanitizer or alcohol-based hand rub
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
Coughing and Sneezing Etiquette
- When coughing or sneezing, cover mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue
- If using a tissue, throw it immediately after use and wash hands
- Avoid spitting in public places.
Contact with people
- Avoid going to places with large crowds.
- Avoid close contact when you are experiencing cough and fever.
- Also, avoid contact with sick people
If ever you feel ill while on travel
- If you become sick when travelling, inform airline crew and seek medical care early
- When seeking medical treatment, share your travel history with your health care provider
- Take a rest if you’re feeling unwell.
- Monitor temperature twice a day
- Self-monitor one’s health and if symptoms occur, seek medical treatment
Be a responsible traveler and always remember to travel safe and travel healthy.
Happy Travels! 💛
|Hope this helps. Save it for later!|
Originally Published: February 24, 2020
Last Modified: March 11, 2020