If you want to have a better grasp of a place then live like how the locals do. This will enable you to see the place from a different perspective and uncover its real character. This is also a good way to understand its people and their customs.
To live like the locals means….
1. live where they live
2. shop in neighborhood fresh markets. (Haggling down goods at the local market using the place’s native language.)
3. frequent popular affordable restaurants and cafes
4. rent a centrally located apartment
5. cook some meals at home
6. comfortably walk everywhere in the town
7. use public transportation
8. Wear what they typically wear
9. play, shop and eat where the locals go
10. get to know your ‘neighbors’
11. Be a regular customer of a vendor or any eateries around
By doing this, you’ll get to see the place’s unique personality along the way. The longer and frequent you do it, the more you’ll be like a local.
Happy Travels! 💛
|Anything you want to add on the list? Share it with us in the comments, so we can quote you and include it in this post.|