Consider these tips to help keep you safe when visiting a waterfall. These are also guides on respecting the environment and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Waterfalls are located in environmentally sensitive areas. Staying on designated trails and obeying closure signs will prevent you from stepping on rare plants that can be easily damaged.
- Stick to marked paths to ensure you are stepping on secured trails
- Don’t stand too close on the edges, slopes and other falling or slipping hazards.
- Do not climb or otherwise bypass fencing.
- If there is a cave, and entry is not allowed, do not go inside the cave.
- Do not stand near the cliff
- Do not swim too far nor swim under the waterfall
- At any time big stones can fall from the waterfall so it best to avoid getting too close
- Do not throw garbage
Any safety tips you want to add? We would like to know it. Kindly write it on the comment section below.
Safe Travels 💛